Back to job listings page
Grill Cook - Madison, AL
Grill Cooks employed with Corporate Dining have several responsibilities associated with our dining accounts including, but not limited to the following:
- Quickly and efficiently preparing hot or cold menu items while positively interacting with guests for breakfast and lunch service
- Safely operating at cooking stations and using equipment such as grills, ovens, flat tops, sauté pans, steam tables, cold deli tables, etc.
- Multi-tasking and ability to work multiple guest orders using grill, flat-top, or sauté pans during breakfast or lunch service
- Working with the chefs and managers to successfully produce consistent, delicious tasting, and visually appealing dishes for service each day
- Using knife skills to prepare ingredients for your station and assisting other members of the team to achieve the goal of being prepared for each dining shift
- Abiding by the local county sanitation and health code standards to confirm that we are serving food and beverages in a safe environment consistently
- Maintaining a clean and safe work station and kitchen by assisting in daily cleaning duties
- Any other duties assigned to you by the manager of the dining account
- Reliability and dependability – If you can’t arrive on time for your shift EVERYDAY Mon-Fri (rain/snow/shine), you will be very short term.
- Possess EXCELLENT customer service skills and show willingness to always please our guests
- Previous foodservice or restaurant experience as a cook required
- ServSafe certification or culinary school education a bonus!
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and work as part of a TEAM
- Professional verbal communication skills
- Paying attention to details and operating with high efficiency
- Have reliable transportation to and from the work location
- Able to stand for the entire shift
- Able and willing to lift up to 40 lbs (as needed)
Must be at least 18 years of age or older.Apply Now